As bummed as John and I are that we aren't overseas, there are many little things that we''re thankful to be here for that we would have missed otherwise. One of the things I'm thankful to have been able to be a part of, was Dylan's first high school dance! I know I just did a post on how weird it is that he isn't the little guy I remember anymore, but this was another one of those events that I was reminded of that! The day of for a boy is drastically different than it was for me as a girl. My mom made the comment several times about how much easier and less expensive it was getting him ready for the dance than it was for me. In high school I put so much emphasis on these dances, the dress, the hair, make-up, etc. It was fun to see how different it is for Dylan's age group, and I have to admit, almost refreshing and definitely not as stressful for the girl! He went with his girlfriend, Courtney, who looked great, but her and several other girls in their group they went with didn't have their hair professionally done, and didn't buy corsages/boutonnieres. When I was going to these dances, all of the girls had long gowns on and now the style is right above the knee dresses- it was fun to observe the differences! As I was taking group pictures of them before dinner and the dance, I began thinking about how many times Dylan had lived through "homecoming days" as I was going through that phase. I found a few pictures before the dances I went to and then him and I got our picture taken before his school dance! :)







These are really sweet pics Kel! Can't wait to see you in two weeks!
ReplyDeletethese are priceless!
ReplyDelete