Over the past week I realized I have been so busy with everything going on here that I haven't really taken the time to slow down and reflect on all of the fun things we are doing and appreciating the little things that happen on a daily basis! This is a really busy season for both John and I at work. It's cooling down here (into the 70's!) so there have been a lot of party tent rentals at work that John is busy running around setting up, and I've also been informed that it's aerator season! So I've heard the ones they have at Johns work are booked out days in advance and are rented out continuously every day. Needless to say, John is putting in more hours than what we had agreed to initially, but hopefully it's just a seasonal fluctuation and I'll get to see him more soon! As for me, Creative Snacks Co. is in the heart of the Christmas season right now! All of the distributors are placing the orders for the stores and hoping to have them delivered by October/November so there's a lot to stay on top of for me as well! I work with an amazing woman though and really am thankful for all that I'm learning from her- I couldn't have asked for a better situation moving down here not knowing what I would be doing for work!
We have had busy weekends (that I keep forgetting to pull my camera out at) but have been having a lot of fun. John works with a guy named Brad who we have been getting together with lately, and that's been a really fun friendship for me to watch develop. And lucky for me, Brad has a wife Lauren who is also such an amazing woman and am thankful to have met them too! Last weekend was Brads birthday, so we headed to Winsten-Salem for a "farm party" with them. Brads family owns a farm house that nobody lives at, but they all gather there with friends to just be together- and we were lucky enough to have been invited! They've introduced us to a lot of really great people- and I am so so so thankful to have Brad & Lauren in our lives down here!!
Another fun weekend event that we've only gone to twice so far (but are planning on attending more!) is a football viewing party at Josh and Hannah's house! Hannah was my sister-in-law, Belen's, college roommate, so I had heard a lot about her before we actually met and she's definitely lived up to the praise the Belen gave her! They recently moved into a new house and created a "Man Cave" so they have a couple games playing on different tvs and people just wander between the games. Its fun for John to have a crowd like that who can talk stats and players with him. That's one thing I've learned I just can't fulfill in his life! John has told me that school was pretty difficult for him so it always amazes me how someone who didn't do so well in school can remember stats for individual players and specific games without necessarily being a fan of that team! It's fun to see him get so excited about it though!
With football season here and into "fall months" now, it doesn't entirely feel like it's in full swing because its still 75 degrees here! Occasionally we'll get weather that dips into the 50s, and I've also noticed that apple cider isn't as accessible here- people don't know what they're missing! In Michigan this time of year, you can't go anywhere without seeing a huge display of apple cider- here, stores are out and some don't even carry it! I had to call ahead looking for it this past weekend!! Just one of the little things we've apparently taken for granted all of our lives! Hopefully we'll make it back to Michigan at least once this fall so we can make a trip to Robinettes!
Love the updates :) Sounds like fun!!! We were at Robinetts today... it would be more fun with the two of you!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteAmen to the no good apple cider in the south . . . even when you find it it is not fresh and definitely not Robinette's . . . .
ReplyDeleteAnd football in 90 degree weather just does not seem right, huh? I remember thinking football should only be when bundled up and often with hot chocolate. :)
Glad you are adjusting to the new environment!
Jennifer
Fun update! Thanks, Kel! We miss you all!
ReplyDelete