Monday, July 30, 2012

John's Flying Lesson!

The week before we left Greensboro, Sam & Janice Baker were gracious enough to take John and I flying- and letting John pilot the plane! It was a beautiful day for it and we both had so much fun! We took off from the Greensboro airport and it was the first small plane that I had ever flown in (how cool that my first flight was piloted by my husband!!). Sam sat up front with John and guided him on what to do while Janice and I enjoyed the ride in the back of the plane.


Halfway into the ride, Sam turned around and asked Janice & I if it would be ok to do one trick- we agreed, not quite knowing what we were getting ourselves into! He had me hold my arm straight out in front of me, palm up with my phone sitting in my hand. I was instructed not to move my arm at all. Then we felt the plane angle upward and then turn down sharply, and as that happened, my phone began to levitate right above my hand! 


So fun to see Greensboro from a birds eye view!


Sam was such a great teacher!!


We are so thankful for the friendship that we've had with these two while we lived in Greensboro and that they made time to give us this great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment